Part of every homeowner’s dream is to have a wonderful garden or patio. Some of the best ways to make a yard look great is by placing an outdoor fountain in it. Solar bird bath fountains give your patio or garden an elegant look. Having a bird bath fountain is not only visually appealing but also our way of showing gratitude towards our feathered friends.
Besides being an element that complements any outdoor setting, an attractive solar bird fountain will keep birds happy. What’s more, this kind of outdoor fountain is powered by the Sun.
What is a solar bird bath fountain?
The solar bird bath fountain is a combination of an outdoor fountain and a birdbath. However, unlike other outdoor bird bath fountains it is powered by solar energy. These birdbath fountains feature a solar panel. A solar panel is a device that includes many solar cells (photovoltaic cells). When the photovoltaic cells are exposed to sunlight they absorb the energy from the sunlight and convert it into electrical energy. This energy powers the pump of the fountain.
Where can you place solar bird bath fountains?
Typically, the placement of a bird bath fountain is quite important. However, you can place solar bird fountains almost anywhere! All you have to do is to choose locations with lots of sun to place them. Usually, these outdoor fountains are portable by design. Changing locations of this kind of bird bath fountain will not require much effort on your part.
Types of outdoor solar bird bath fountains
There are several solar powered hummingbird fountain options available in the market. Generally, you will find bird bath fountains with integral pump systems and solar panels or with external solar panels. Another common option are the small solar floating fountain kits. These are fountain pumps that operate with the sun’s energy.
Solar fountain for bird bath
These small solar bird bath fountains are neither complete fountains nor birdbaths. They do not have a basin or a stand. They are floating solar fountains for bird baths. These mini solar fountains for bird baths are just a pump and a solar panel that powers the pump and they are very budget friendly.
In the case you have a regular birdbath, you can upgrade it to a bird bath fountain with a solar powered floating fountain. By doing so, the water of your birdbath will change from standing to flowing. It will be healthier for your little feathered friends and you. Another important advantage of the upgrade with a solar fountain for bird bath is that your bird bath will stop attracting mosquitoes.
Solar bird bath fountains with battery backup
Outdoor solar bird bath fountains will not work well on a cloudy day or after nightfall because they can not store the energy they produce. For this reason, some can be connected to a power outlet. However, these outdoor fountains are not as convenient and usually cost more. Furthermore, you will have to place them near an electric outlet. Fortunately, some solar bird fountains include a battery. Typically, the battery-operated bird bath fountains cost more than the other solar birdbaths. However, you can place them anywhere you want.
Solar bird bath fountain with lights
The bird bath fountain with lights is a lot more visually appealing than the rest. Most models on the market have one or more led lamps which look great during the night.
Benefits of outdoor solar bird bath fountains
Here are some benefits that you can reap by buying a solar bird fountain:
- One of the critical features of a suitable solar-powered bird bath fountain is its convenience to use. Typically, it is portable and there aren’t many installation hassles. For instance, the solar bird fountain does not need a connection to a power outlet. For this reason, you do not have to choose a fixed location to place it. All you have to do is to choose a sunny location to place your solar-powered bird bath fountain.
- Overall, solar powered bird fountains are a valuable choice. They are better for your wallet and the environment.
- Also, the solar bird bath fountains are better than common birdbaths. They add visual and acoustic aspects that your bird bath lacks. In addition, you will not have the problems of stagnant water.
- Like all outdoor water features, they create a unique focal point in your outdoor living space and a soothing atmosphere.
Disadvantages of solar bird bath fountains
- The solar bird bath fountains have a solar panel that has to be under direct sunlight to absorb and convert it to energy. Also, most of them have their solar panel integrated into the fountain. These two mean that if you want solar bird bath fountains to work as fountains then you cannot place most of them partially in the shade which is recommended for most outdoor fountains.
- Unless they have a battery backup or a cord to connect them to the electrical grid they will not operate during night. In addition, solar bird bath fountains will not work well or at all when the day is cloudy.
- A common problem of solar floating fountains is that their suction cups do not work well. Moreover, many models of these types of solar bird bath fountains have rather loud pumps.
What to consider when choosing the best solar bird bath fountain
When you search for the best solar hummingbird bath fountain you have to be extra careful. You have to make sure to check the description of the product and not just its title. Especially in the case of solar bird bath fountains with lights, there are few models in the market that are marketed as fountains. Unfortunately, these are simple solar bird baths with lights. They do not have any fountain functionality.
Moreover, a lot of people confuse solar fountains for bird baths with regular solar bird bath fountains. Although both are marketed as fountains there is a noteworthy difference between them. The regular solar bird bath fountains are real bird bath fountains. On the other hand, the other “fountains” are simple pumps with a solar panel that you can place into your existing birdbath.
Where can I buy a solar bird bath fountain?
Generally, you will find lots of outdoor solar bird bath fountains at online retailers. If you plan to buy from online stores then you can look at amazon.com big collection of solar bird fountains. At amazon you can find many floating solar fountains for bird baths to upgrade your current birdbath or solar bird bath fountains to make your gorgeous outdoor space more pleasant for you and more attractive for your feathered neighborhood pals.
Solar powered bird bath fountains use sunlight as a power source. They are portable and easy to store during winter. Like most garden fountains, they are nice additions for any outdoor space. The most versatile option is a solar powered bird bath fountain with battery backup. Generally, all you have to do to keep your outdoor bird fountain working is to clean it, replace its water with fresh water and place it in sunny locations.
If you already have a bird bath you should consider upgrading it with a solar water pump for bird bath. For just a few bucks it will make your birdbath significantly better for you and your neighborhood winged friends.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
We may get commissions for purchases made through links in this post.